How are you holding up?
I want to reflect on (and try to remember!) a few things that I’m trying to do to keep myself grounded in this weird and unsettling time. Caveat – this is just me, your mileage may vary :p
- Check in via text/call on all the people that I’ve been meaning to reach out to in a long time. It is a safe and easy gesture that can help to combat loneliness/isolation.
- Get my blood pumping at least once a day – preferably via funny dancing.
- Find ways to laugh – for me this has been 90% youtube and 10% spouse.
- Cleaning has been extremely therapeutic. It’s embodied and rhythmic, it feels productive, and it’s satisfying to see things shine. Also, hygiene!
- Acknowledge my anxiety and stress, rather than try to shame it away.
- Jaw and head/neck massages.
What does self-care look like for you? <3